The Missouri Credentialing Board has changed the names of several of our credentials. The changes reflect our effort to remove the stigmatizing label of the term “abuse” from our treatment vocabulary. MCB understands the importance of careful use of language as an essential component to recovery.
The changes are as follows:
- RASAC I to MAADC I (Missouri Associate Alcohol Drug Counselor I)
- RASAC II to MAADC II (Missouri Associate Alcohol Drug Counselor II)
- RSAP to RADC (Registered Alcohol Drug Counselor)
- RSAP-P to RADC-P (Registered Alcohol Drug Counselor – Provisional)
- MSAPA to MPS (Missouri Prevention Specialist)
- MACSAPP to MAPS (Missouri Advanced Prevention Specialist)
MCB will be mailing updated certificates.
By clicking on the link below, you will be able to lookup a professional by last name or credential number to verify an active and valid credential.